Director, Custom Training Solutions and Instructional Design
The Director has day-to-day operating responsibility for the fulfillment of all Paradigm Learning custom corporate learning and communications design and development projects for external clients. Design projects include the tailoring of materials associated with Paradigm’s ready-to-use products, the fulfillment of Discovery Map® projects as well as the creation and development of fully-customized, from-scratch games, simulations and other discovery learning programs sold by Paradigm's sales team—both paper-based and digital.
- 7 years or more experience hiring, training and managing instructional designers, writers, technologists, training program project leaders, or other organizational development personnel
- 7 years or more personal experience designing, developing training programs (as instructional designer, writer)
- 4 years or more experience interfacing with senior management, prospects, clients and sales personal as a support system; experience in designing solutions, writing proposals, sales calls
- Applied experience in design and training of general leadership programs (change mgmt, business acumen, leadership, on boarding, etc.); applied experience in digital, online and virtual training as well as leader-led and participant-focused training.
- Ability to travel (15%+)
The six major job responsibilities for this position are:
- Creative design solutions for prospect and client opportunities
- Overall leadership of the design and development team consisting of writers, instructional designers, technologists, developers, project leaders and video specialists
- Prospect and client executive interface
- Field sales support for prospect and client opportunities
- Collaboration with Art & Illustration, Delivery Services, and Sales teams
- Attract and on-board additional talent
In addition to managing a staff of full-time and contract personnel in the fulfillment of projects, the Director will be personally involved in many aspects of the design process, including conducting discovery sessions with senior corporate learning leaders to gather relevant information for solution design and development, consulting with clients about implementation strategies, assisting clients in determining a recommended solution within a business acumen, project management, leadership, change management, and team effectiveness curriculum—as well as more. The Director will also coach and mentor staff and contractors around innovation, customer satisfaction and engagement, program effectiveness and quality, and profit margin management.
The team currently consists of approximately five full-time personnel and a contractor pool of eleven consultants.
- Undergraduate degree is required.
- Design or other advanced degree – especially in the area of business, organization effectiveness, communication, instructional design or technology and/or human resources – is preferred.
- Awards and/or certification in employee training, human resources, personnel, change management, organizational development or other related areas are expected.
The Director, Custom Design and Project Development will be expected to:
- Retain and attract full-time and contract personnel.
- Meet financial objectives for creative services.
- Successfully lead and develop a professional team of learning designers and project leaders, both full time and contract personnel.
- Assess and assign appropriate personnel to client engagements.
- Serve as a consultant/spokesperson for Paradigm’s design solutions.
- Enhance company reputation, credibility and visibility around the fulfillment of robust client engagements.
- Identify, develop and manage partner relationships with supplier companies whose products or services can complement and enhance Paradigm’s offerings.
- Build close working relationships with key clients, partnering with sales and marketing personnel to identify and develop expanded business opportunities.
- Work collaboratively with other departments, including art and illustration, sales, marketing, administration and finance.
- Skilled at incorporating a variety of multi-media components into a learning design.
- A strong management presence and leadership ability, with communication skills and interpersonal skills to inspire partners and the internal Paradigm creative services team.
- A strong customer-facing presence with interpersonal skills, outstanding written and oral communication skills and a keen ability to contribute to closing sales and building client relationships.
- Strong operational skills that will drive organizational efficiencies and customer satisfaction.
- A keen attention to detail, allowing for oversight of pricing proposals, fulfillment of client projects, implementation of internal process improvements, and more.
- Willingness and ability to address client issues with speed and urgency, including those involving pricing, project management or personnel issues and scope changes to ensure profitable projects for Paradigm as well as ongoing customer satisfaction.
- Flexibility and agility in responding to evolving business priorities.
- High level of inter-department collaboration and communication skills and motivation.
- Honesty, integrity and ethical behavior.
- Analysis and decision-making skills related to client needs and contract negotiations.
- Ability to influence the company’s vision and objectives to drive sustained growth.
- Willingness to travel.
About the Company
The company’s continued growth is expected to come from expanded custom capabilities, new product innovations, and major account penetration. The person hired in this new position will help the company realize this vision.
Note: The position is located in St. Petersburg, Florida. Minimal relocation reimbursement.
Send resume to HR@paradigmlearning.com. Paradigm Learning is an equal opportunity employer.
Submit Your Resume